This simple salad is a delicious light lunch for one, or can be served as a side salad for two.
- 40g Pea Shoots (or use Lambs Lettuce alternatively)
- 1/2 Red Chilli (or to taste)
- 1 x 125g ball of Mozzarella
- 150g Baby Plum Tomatoes
- A few sprigs of Basil
- 1-2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-2 tbsps Balsamic Vinegar
- Start your salad off by placing a large handful of pea shoots onto your plate.
- Finely slice a red chilli and sprinkle overtop. This is an optional ingredient so you don't have to add it to your salad if you prefer not to.
- Rinse the tomatoes and pat dry, then slice in half or quarters. Scatter onto the plate.
- Slice the mozzarella ball, then tear over the salad.
- Rip up the basil leaves and sprinkle evenly on top.
- Drizzle over the extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Finish your salad off with a good grinding of black pepper.